To encourage churches in the diocese of Bristol, the "Child Friendly Church" award scheme was launched in 2009 to encourage churches to put children, young people and their families on their agenda, to work to certain targets and obtain a certificate to publicly show the community that they take the provision of the young very seriously.
The great thing about "Child Friendly Church" is that it is not necessarily about how much work a church does with children and young people. It recognises and affirms those who are welcome and integrate them and their families into the worshipping life of their church. It is a voluntary scheme, with a light-hearted approach so there won’t be a lot of forms involved!
Churches awarded the CFC award:
- St Mary’s Rodbourne Cheney – gold award
- Redland Parish Church – gold award
- St Peter’s Bishopsworth – silver award
- St Mary’s Shirehampton – silver award
- St Leonard’s Broad Blunsdon – bronze award
- St Mary’s Rodbourne Cheney – bronze award
- All Saints Lydiard Millicent – bronze award
- All Saints Clifton – bronze award
- St Thomas-a-Becket Pucklechurch – bronze award
- St John's Haydon Wick - bronze award
Everything you need to know is in the letter and handout below. We're looking forward to welcoming you as our latest "Child Friendly Church"!